Monday 10 April 2017

Satisfaction. I just posted my troublesome Casio G Shock watch back to the President of the Casio Group in Yagashina? Japan saying...look, I don't want any recompense for this poor product, I just wish you to make better products, like you used to do. A polite letter. I have always liked Casio gear...good quality, long lasting, affordable. Hardly anyone ever sends real 'letters' any more and it is a bit of a shame. An email means nothing. Same with an email to the government etc about anything good or bad. An email is easily dispensed with... and, at best, it represents one person. Too easy to do or to ignore. But if you go to the trouble of crafting a letter, especially with something like a watch in a proper protective package, and posting it, someone at the other end has to pick it up, open it, read it, and then wonder what to do with it...with both the watch and the letter...and ask around...because both watch and letter are tangible items. The marketing algorithm for posted complaint letters is basically 1 letter=1000 votes/customers, and politicians usually never want to receive letters - too spooky. As noted, I don't want anything from the Casio company, I am just happier that I no longer have that watch...and that it has gone back to where it belongs, and I have registered my calm dissatisfaction. Being a quirky person, I do find satisfaction in this. Meanwhile, I expect the arrival of a Citizen Pro Master Dive watch in the mail today...a bit more expensive, for sure, but I expect much higher quality...and it has a 'winder' for changing the time rather than a 60 page book and 30 useless videos.


No comments: