Monday 17 April 2017

emptiness and god

I do like churches of all kinds, nonetheless. I very much find solace in being alone in a church, a synagogue, a bahai temple, a mosque...beautiful. true. the beauty of the silence in some of the mosques, especially, and the architecture, is just astounding...divine in the true sense. Like the great christian cathedrals, there should be more of them, and all empty. to get poetic, the emptiness of these wondrous structures is so sublime. it is much like the emptiness of an open hand.
LikeShow More Reactions
Comment
Comments
      Then why don't you like going to church, John?
      I just find that the idea of being surrounded by sincere well meaning people is disturbing as I do not wish to be radicalised. It may well cause me to take my finger off the mercury switch...and I find wearing the explosive vest quite uncomfortable.

    No comments: