Saturday 29 April 2017

"Well, by 63, if I hadn't picked up a few habits, biases, contradictions, spiritual dilemmas, failings, eccentricities and addictions, then I have no idea what I would have done with most of the time. I expect I would have wasted it on something meaningful to others. It has never really been part of my 'life plan' to contribute to the world at all, except in the form I prefer, which is writing things...and sometimes painting things...but that is all mostly just for me anyway...that was a decision I made when I was 'wise' and twelve, and I have stuck to it and done a range of jobs necessary for living coinage through the decades. I did tell my kids that if I do well in writing things then they will have that legacy, and maybe a few coins from me, but otherwise it would be much wiser for them to make their own fortunes and establish themselves as their own best providers. One is a great artist and teacher of art, and one is a successful weapons distributor, and neither rely on the state at all for anything. I love and have respect for both of them. One of my grand daughters, Justice, is a hunter with both high velocity accuracy bullet, and fine arrow, and also a very good taxidermist. I am very proud of her. She has found, and quite young, her own high mountain shining path."


No comments: