Sunday 23 April 2017

Step-daughter has been chosen to do the sound-engineering for a film to be made in Nepal in June. She's great. That should be a remarkable experience for her, to be back in or around the Himalayas. Being Chinese she has been to Tibet, so this will be looking at the giant mountains from the other side, I guess. I recall flying from Asia to Beijing once, over the grand mountains and being amazed that even from a high plane, the sharp mountains were so high, as if in deep conversation with the sky. Looking up in this remarkable 'outback of the world' I saw 12 planes criss crossing the sky, to my left and right were also planes just higher and lower, criss-crossing, all off to places. Looking down I saw wondrous rivers and occasionally the glint from the tops of high speed trains here and there. It is so interesting to live in these times.


No comments: