Monday 10 April 2017

After leaving Cairns 4 months back and now kind of settled in Melbourne, I am pretty sure we will stay here. I miss the connections with my darling kin Jordan and my colleagues in Cairns, for sure, that's true, and I miss the wondrous curlews, but this seems a better place for us, even in the bad weather. I won't be able to afford to buy a place here as the prices are far too high, but still, we will find some way to stay and be happy anyway here. Work is good and plentiful enough and opportunities for Mrs Fitz and DJWaWa are good here. We will visit some penguins this week and I will say hello to them from the curlews...and then we will go for a drive towards the Great Ocean Road, and buy some fresh Scallop Pies...the best pies in the Universe...and, at $10 a pop, they well should be. A small warm Esky full of scallop pies, wow...now that is a rare treasure.


No comments: