Wednesday 1 March 2017

So, I remain without the Facebook, and that is actually a relief...too much of nothing for me...it looks like something, but it isn't anything. to me, Facebook is much what the writer Kurt Vonnegut noted as a "Grand Falloon"...what you get when you prick a balloon. but...I have turned on the blog again. I like the blog. You write things...You don't get comments or followers but rather just anonymous readers. The readership changes from country to country. This week most have been from Japan, and then England. As noted the blog is mostly about what is happening in North Asia. If I had my way, which is unlikely, I would set up home in Dalian, a giant trading city in North China, and quickly zoom over to the Koreas and Japan to keep up to date. It is such a fascinating area. It has everything...nuclear weapons, mysticism, shamanism, fusions of maoism, neo-communism, democracies, old soviet structured ideas and things, new Japanese things etc all laid one across the other...and all, unlike SE Asia, understandable if you focus. Massive concentrations of people and profoundly rich resources...and great angst.....and the sea there is so deep and cold, wow. Melbourne will do. John


No comments: