Thursday 27 November 2014

BMW Randy Mamola R1100

I must admit I like the 2002 BMW R1100 Randy Mamola Replica bike more than I like the 2002 Moto Guzzi Le Mans Le Bon Homme V1100.
Maybe it's just the blue and white colour of the BMW. They were the colours of my first bike, a Suzuki GTXF400F...a lovely machine indeed.
I mean,  both the Guzzi and the BMW are bikes for wankers in many ways, and I don't mind being one...
an open road and the BM horizontal twin would be good. It won't sound as good, but it still is ok.
I would be more impassioned with the Guzzi if it really sounded good. I had a Guzzi Stone 1100 and I had the mufflers gutted by a member of the Finks, a great technician, and, you know, it still sounded pretty much like nothing...and the BM is better than nothing.
This would make a good advertising slogan for BMW motorbikes...'well, they're better than nothing.'


No comments: