Sunday 26 February 2017

The manuscript I LOVE YOU PARK is finished now after a few years...or maybe 5.

Its my attempt at distilling a day in the life in a bamboo park in China. 
My writing style started off with poems, short, something like haiku but less organised, and this is what I do still prefer.
In this way I LOVE YOU PARK is made up simply of about 40 or 50 sentences...this 'distilling' as I call it is tricky because if you write something and then distil/edit it down to its core idea you can easily get to a point where the tale no longer exists.
I try to write it as if I am always haunting non-existence...just saying enough...and as the vein of it is pretty much existential, this is what I like to do with words. Just say enough.
There is so much written all the time and yet so little of something with a meaning, so I am trying for gentle meaning without too many words.
Colours of green and red in a mist with shapes coming out of that. A piece of carved graffiti saying I Love U etc...quiet stillness at the hub of a bigger more confusing world.
That's what I wish my work to be.
personally, I am experiencing a revival of belief of a kind of Jesus not as a deity so much but as a kind of wise and helpful friend...funny business this Belief Index.

No comments: