Friday 3 February 2017

Coming from a family of proud military folk, the closest time I ever got to anything Military was when I was asked if I wanted to do officer training in the Australian Airforce. My response...NO. You'd have to be fucking joking. Take orders? Oh, I don't think so. Why the fuck would anyone want to do that? I mean, anyone in their right mind? I am a Fitzpatrick man, and we don't take orders, nor need to ever give them. We are somewhat more evolved than all that. The picture here is that of me wearing an aluminium bowl that was, at the time, the family vomit bowl, as there were many, many kids under parental management etc thus many vomits. My daughter, the remarkable artist, Siobhan Bernadette Fitzpatrick, noted that, when vomiting into the bowl, it had an amazing and dulcet musical echo. There was a whole batch of lovely years lived at and around that time. I loved being a pretty good Dad in the time available. Fly, my minions, fly...


No comments: