Monday 28 November 2016

At 63 I think I can pretty well say that as a working class man, I have never been violent to a woman, a child, a pet; and even in the feisty hormone charged years, my one or two fights with other men were pretty fucking silly and no one was actually grievously hurt. We tried for awhile, but it is quite hard to do this effectively. There was indeed a moment when I could have smashed my rival's head onto a corner brick edge and do him great harm, but I didn't do that. Even enraged, I knew...why would I do that? Five minutes of man to man wrestling and punching was all I could do before I was exhausted and started to laugh. That's fucking hard work. And what were we fighting over? Some woman who was well away and safe. Ridiculous. So whilst agreeing that violence against women is obviously bad, violence against Anyone is equally obviously very bad. It always has been. It always will be. No one, especially a man, is going to radically evolve because of some notion. None ever has or can. The best you can be is non violent in all forms to all the forms of being...same as ever...and then you have good laws.


No comments: