Friday 10 September 2010

Deleting the Koran

Burning Korans, and Bibles, and a variety of books is nothing new. People and governments have been doing this kind of thing for a long, long time for a variety of reasons and will continue to not only burn them but also to find other ways to seek to symbolically excise thought and philosophy as they see fit as the world changes. Look what has happened to Shinto, a damn good and deep human philosophy in its time; but now deemed somewhat 'inappropriate' because one lousy war was lost.(Oh, how the ghost of it clings).

I guess I'm a bit surprised that the American pastor had a hard-copy of the Koran. I have one on my hard-drive along with many other religious works and can, whenever it suits me, simply delete it. It's something I don't really need to inform the world media about.

I've already deleted every word of the Dalai Lama because he, disproportional to his meaning, takes up far too much space and he's mostly a troublemaker anyway. I was inducted into the Kalachakra Tantric Legacy by Dali Lama but I still know that he's a divisive clown. You don't have to be much of a 'rocket surgeon' to know that.

As for all the great religious texts, I'd prefer stuff by real fiction writers rather than by apologist wannabe God-Kings, whether they be Muslim, Christian, Jewish or Buddhist self-marketeers, seeking proprietary ownership of this real, radically changing, un-owned, and mortally meaningful World.

No comments: