Thursday 24 January 2019

World Travel used to be, for me, about going somewhere and living there for awhile. It has never been about having a holiday and staying in a nice hotel and looking at stuff on any tour. My travels were about living somewhere else for a medium or long time, going slowly broke, and with heart mind and soul looking out at things. Learning. Being, walking about. So my journeys have been less frequent than those of many Aussie holiday makers around the world, for sure, but having a holiday wasn't really the point. If one is fortunate to be born in Australia and saved a bit, then one doesn't need holidays in exotic places...but rather it is better to actually live there. The hotel I liked most was a 2 star hotel in the Italian Quarter in Paris, mostly because of the lazy big breakfasts, the bowls of warm coffee, the bread, and sharing the tiny lift with an emotional naked large breasted girl who had been thrown out of her room by her beau, and getting to know her, and help her. I gave her my leather jacket...partly because she was cold, but mostly because, naked, she looked so good in it. Much better than I ever looked. Still, I remember the warm bowls of coffee most.


No comments: