Wednesday 7 June 2017

Terrible Thing: My Camel Brand (as in Cigarette Company) brilliant black mid winter jacket torn its non-tear outer nylon cover near the pocket on my tough Russian Fuk-U-Jak steel steering wheel lock as I got in the Nissan this morning. I know terrible things happen, sometimes, by why? And especially why to me? Coming home from work I stopped at the Chinese IGA and bought some Gaffa tape, satin black, and kind of fixed it up...but it was a very tragic event. Once such an injury occurs, there is always a weakness there. Damn. Mind you, as Melbourne gets seriously into winter, it was just, at its best, at being a useful jacket...it was beginning to look better than it felt as the temperature dropped down to about 3 degrees. So, I have had to resort to the warmer old black leather coat I bought from Cairns St Vincent de Paul for $25 2 years ago to get me through the horrors of winter. I just took it to the Dry Cleaners to see how much it would cost to clean, as it has some maybe 20 year old 'natural discolourations in the black patina' or maybe someone else's sputum stains...and the guy at the shop said it would cost $81.50 to Dry Clean...and I thought...am I being taken to the cleaners about this? So I declined his kind offer and will invest in a tub of Dubbin instead for maybe $15. From my motorcycle jacket days I'm a great fan of Dubbin anyway...so I am, as always, happy to take the more reasonable economical root. Night shift was good. I get really tired, as anyone should, around 4am but have to spark up for the drive home around 730am...now I'm home after all the traffic and its 9am...and I am all fired up. Interestingly, and truly, someone stole my identity on line the other day. the bank informed me they would send out a new credit card, the darlings. I asked if because my identity had been stolen, shouldn't the NEW John Fitz be responsible for the entire debts anyway? They didn't think that was reasonable or funny at all. As Mr Trump would say "What a bunch of babies!"


No comments: