Friday 27 January 2017

Mrs Fitzpatrick attending to preparations for Chinese New Year...So intricate...and so important...ten ingredients in the salad as ten is important, it is a number of completion...no chicken as its not good on New Years Eve, fish is good. Prawns, sure, pork, absolutely, but not chicken. I learn slowly. the fish is barramundi from local chinese seafood market...fresh from either australia or thailand who grow very good barramundi these days... the salad is bamboo root, fungus, celery and 7 other things. Later on Mrs Fitz will make dumplings for midnight as the shape of dumplings indicate the shape of traditional chinese gold ingots, thus attracting good fortune. Learning as I go. Amazing. I am a fortunate man through no good deeds of my own that spring to mind. So, I am appreciative indeed.



No comments: