Wednesday 25 March 2015

Life, Superannuation, and death

After spending about 20 years in the specialty of palliative care nursing, particularly end-of-life pain control and precise narcotic titration, when I was 50 I decided to somehow retire no matter what...but not because I had any money, or any future agenda, but rather because I saw how many people at the end of their working life at 60 or 70, just died so fast. They still do. Nothing has changed.
So I'm 61 now. I work fulltime in Mental Health now, because I need the money. I work there instead of in end stage palliative care pain control, in which I became quite an expert nd still am.
I like mental health. It's much easier.
For about a decade after retirement I travelled the Earth, found love and sorrow and amazing things of a personal nature,
and all the things that come with living a complete and completing life, in a few different countries and societies, so amazing and so different and oppositional to every thing I ever did... and all in all it's been a good thing for me and has supported my initial reason for leaving the flock.
I have no superannuation at all, and you know, that's the best thing I ever did.

No comments: