Thursday 10 February 2022

The soon coming Australia Government Election

Federally, at the coming election, I'd like to see a Government that had a capacity to build consensus for Australia to achieve worthy goals as a country.
I'd like to see more importance given to the Social Cost to the people, the Real Commonwealth, than to the Economic Costs to a few billionaires and media moguls.
I'd like to see the Great and Small Religions have a far lesser role in determinations regarding a definition of a healthy modern human society.
I think Federal Elections should only happen every 5 years and on a definite date each time to lessen the crazy pork-barrelling of gifts to pressure groups just prior to elections, and to enable a longer term plan for the country where those who introduce changes are held responsible for their work. Thus, accountability in the short-medium term.
I have no great pride in the Australian Labor Party, especially the current one, but Labor does have a historical social capacity to improve lives. The Liberals have a history of tearing down things and wanting the Market to solve problems that are not of the Market.
I would like to see a strong reinforcement of Award Conditions rather than what is happening with this awful desperate atrocious demeaning gig-notion of an economy.
I would appreciate a Government that did good things overall to the benefit of the most people. I would appreciate a Government that did these things conscientiously, quietly, and without having any leader needing to have a daily press meeting espousing and marketing themselves every day.
I would appreciate a leadership that was far more about the consensus of, say, a Caucus of 5 reasonably intelligent well informed people rather than the populist barking of one.
I would like to see Penny Wong as Prime Minister. Smart, considered, somewhat bureaucratic, not in your face every day, and genuinely honest.
So, I would hope for a Labor victory this year. Not for what Labor is just now, but for what it could be. I know what a Liberal Government will be: Day after the election, should they win: well, no, economically, we can't give anyone wage rises, especially nurses, there are too many of them and they're too expensive....with the payroll going to Business Leaders living in New York and London.

No comments: