Saturday 5 September 2015

Yukio Mishima books

I'm just recalling Mishima's novels that I've read over the years and am thinking of reading again soon...The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea I recall was very good and sharp; dark/bright incisive mind...so I think I will begin with this.
At the moment I'm slowly re-reading Camus' The Outsider. Stunning literature.
After Mishima will come a re-reading of Yasunari Kawabata's works.

I like re-reading a book after about a decade. New meanings and nuances flow. I recall I've read Hesse's Steppenwolf 3 times now, the first time when I was 20 and I found it to be very dark and brooding. At 40 years of age I found it to be quite fascinating. At 60 years of age I found it to be very funny/humorous...so it depends when you read things as well as what you read.

No comments: