Friday 4 September 2015

The Boy

The boy is about 8 years old. He is from Korea. He comes to our home with his older brother and his mother on Friday afternoons to learn Mandarin from my wife.​ I have never met this boy but my wife tells me that when he comes into our home he runs straight to the lounge I love to lie on all day and he lies on it, outstretched, as if in deep bliss for as long as he can before being called to his lesson. Then, he has to go to the toilet in the bathroom I use, and then he comes out, happy and refreshed, ready to learn everything. This is his pattern.
Knowing this, I have taken up the habit of brushing down the lounge and putting a nice fresh cotton blanket on it, for him, and I have taken to mopping out the bathroom before he arrives, every time.
I have never met this small boy, you know, and I would doubt I ever will as I am never here at his lesson time, but I think that he may be me. I wish him well indeed. I like him. He already knows quality of life at eight.

No comments: