Wednesday 8 April 2015

Cars and a full life time of capitalist consumerism

I've liked cars for about 10 years. Never much interested in them before that. For me, before the last ten years, it was just the best sounding most lovely and ridiculously terminal and delicious Italian motorcycles, that took up quite a few decades, and I've owned a couple of them.
As for cars, I like the Volvo C30 S SSRI Coupe, I do. It's brilliant. It's low, it's wide, it's cool in that unstated way... It's 'intelligent' in that 21st century way we ascribe intelligence to basic things because we don't have much else to do or to apply intelligent to. 
The Volvo C30S SSRI Coupe: It's the best most amazing car I've ever owned. It's truly fantastic. It has sensors that keep you on the road so that you can drive along really fast and eat a 3 course meal with an agreeable bottle of red at the same time and not worry at all. It studies the camber and chamfer of the road and stays there on a median course all by itself.

I'm trading it in on a base model Skoda Yeti because I have studied cars a lot and the Skoda Yetis are the best cars on earth now for what you get for what you pay for...and I won't have to complain any more about how damn hard it is to get out of the low, understated and still sexy Volvo... and at 61 roll across the pavement and then stand up and try to look human. 

No comments: