Friday 30 August 2013

A Gentleman

I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately. I'm tired of helping people, per se, in terms of palliative care and end of life pain ablation etc, and I have no spiritual dimension at all; so I am a reasonably high functioning atheist and i respect myself for being what i am...and I've decided, instead of supporting this or that passionate cause, from now on, I'll just be a gentleman...like the nice characters in old movies. As a Gentleman, I will not talk about myself, so I will stop now. As a Gentleman I do have a general interest and concern regarding others that I meet in terms of their wellbeing , and I have a curiosity about their lives and understanding them...but I neither wish to upset, ridicule, or help people any more.
I wish us all well.

No comments: