Monday 17 June 2013

regarding the Australian Labor Party and the September Election day

Apart from a few times when I've voted for the Greens, I've always voted for the Australian Labor Party, since I was 19 years old.

When I was 18 years old I voted for the Australian Liberal Party and I regretted that for half a lifetime really. I'm 59 now.

Come September, I will be voting for the Liberal Party again for 2 serious reasons:

1: The Australian Labor Party is a party and a government of Farce and Self-Hatred with seriously career-minded ALP folk are jostling for power rather than having a vision for the future, and hating each other much more than they hate the opposition ideology. Policies are determined on the basis of 'what might people support today? So, let us do whatever that is.' without thought of the cost or consequence of the actions, spread out over the years ahead. The ALP's vision for Disability Insurance and for Education are prime examples of this...sure, they are both good ideas but the cost and implications and consequences have not been analysed at all. Most people would support these ideas, as most people would support 'Motherhood' as a good idea...
The cost to Australia of the Gillard Government's dumping of the Rudd plan to tax mining companies 'something' has meant that the highest earners have not paid tax...during a rich period for them. How this can be seen as good social policy is really beyond me.

The Carbon Tax purpose was, apparently, to reduce pollution and raise money for sustainable innovation tied to the Euro carbon price...but the reality is that the Euro price has fallen to about nothing, so nothing much is coming in for innovation except the money...a tax on us, that will be used to pay the usual bills of a government that has run out of money due to very poor decisions during the longest richest times we have known as a country.

Australia avoided the first hurt of the 2008 Global Financial Crisis not because of Government being smart but because we sold heaps of minerals to China. Then we set up a US Marine base in Darwin to use military force against China in the future, and instantly our sales to China went down and will continue to go down, understandably. This was such a stupid decision. Short-sighted, based on racism and on just always doing what the USA does, and we have suffered for this a lot already and will continue to. The GFC of 2008 hasn't even half finished yet...that the Australian Labor Government had no idea of this, well, this just shows the appalling decisions of the ALP still continue.

2: The other reason I will be voting for the Liberal Party is that the local member can be easily contacted and will reply to concerns and enquiries from me, as a citizen. I have asked the ALP for advice, help, intervention etc and have never ever received any reply and I would guess that this is because I don't represent a Trade Union or an important Mining Company...I am just a person who every now and then seeks some assistance. The local federal Liberal Party member has always replied very fast and 70% of the time has helped me a lot, and at other times has made sure I know why he disagrees with me...and I can at least respect that.

No comments: