Thursday 11 October 2018

TRUE TIME SAGA Today I have achieved the hitherto impossible and reset the time on my Casio G Shock watch to daylight saving time. This only took 3 hours of effort...last time it took about 40 hours of failed effort. I have a long history with the watch, buying it at Melbourne Airport a few years ago, en route home to Cairns, reading the 40 pages of instructions, and setting it up. Then, when we moved to Victoria, and when daylight saving came along, I couldn't change the hands by one hour no matter how many hours I spent trying. I took it to 2 watch shops and they couldn't do it either, so I posted it back to Japan, to Mr Cashio, who owns Casio, saying 'look, I don't want this watch anymore. I dont want a refund. I just am sick of it. Please think about what you make." Anyway, a nice letter from Casio Japan, and the time adjusted watch came back to me, with the usual 40 page booklet...so I have persisted with the watch. Last night, tooling around with it for a few hours, brought the watch up to current local time, although it is now 5 minutes fast and has 3 alarms that I have no control over....but that's good. That's fine. I can live with that. I can live 5 minutes into the future.


No comments: