Monday 1 November 2021

Preparing a Christmas Gift Box for my step-daughter Tianshu, in Shanghai

 So far,

I have three cans of Illy Italian Arabica ground coffee and a small simple double-walled plunger stainless steel coffee pot. I will add a nice cup and saucer. If she wishes to have a milk frother, well, this is best picked up in China, I think, where they are made.

The Illy brand coffee is very good indeed. It keeps me awake at work.  It kept me awake at work this evening. It tastes very mild and yet it is not mild at all.

What else, well, about a half kilo, or big bag, of New Zealand Beef Jerky.

I will also try to put in some curious foods, like Tasmanian Leatherwood Honey, plus the potato chips she likes. Not a huge present, but a nice thing to get in the mail. As for packing around the gifts, I find it best, instead of using bubble-wrap or little bags of air, to use small packets of Japanese seaweed that not only protect the goods within, but also, well, you can eat the seaweed. A Great edible packaging solution, and cheap as wrapping paper.

I should post it soon, so I best get about finding a few interesting things, and post it off this week!

I am also sending another box to my parents-in-law in Shenyang, in Laoning province of China. I'm not sure what to send yet, but I do need to also post it off this week or early next week. Maybe some leatherwood Honey from Tasmania, also, plus some local spirit alcohol, if okay to post (he calls overproof Bundaberg Rum a pleasant mild wine), some biscuits, and, my father in law likes the very raw taste of Australian black tea, so I will find some black North Queensland Nerada tea for him. Its black, its raw, its fresh. I'm not sure what to send my mother-in-law in particular as she is very traditional and i really have no idea what she would like. She's probably just like her daughter to live next door to her, but, well, we're not doing that for now.

No comments: