Friday 1 December 2017

LIFE LESSON: Tragic. I love fixing things. Sometimes I fix them well. I fixed the fake UBOAT Italo Fontana wristwatch last night and was so happy, and it gave me the confidence to fix the fountain pen my father in law gave me about a decade ago... Chinese communist party peace treaty signing pen, gold coloured, heavy, huge, blood rubies imbedded in the top, perfect 1950s East German Iridium nib that I dropped and bent awhile back... and anyway, inspired by how well I fixed the watch, I set about fixing the beautiful pen nib and at one point I actually had the binary nib points aligned and signed my name with it...but the two points were​, although aligned,​ still just bent a bit and so I tried to make the nib perfectly straight and...crack...one of the binary points just broke off. Sigh. I doubt I can find an East German pen-smith master from 1950 to make it right, ever. It is actually stuffed. Damn. So I have walked about today calling out Damn! I expect I will continue to call out Damn! occasionally for quite some time because nothing can be done to fix it now. Ever. Damn!​ It is like the lessons in the Koran.​ There have been quite a few Damn! occasions in my life. Damn! And yet I know I will still go about trying to fix up important things and half the time I will get it just right....and half the time I will get it just wrong. Damn!


No comments: