Thursday 21 February 2019

I recall many times when I rode around from Cairns to Rockhampton, on the ex-Queensland Police white BMW K1100LT with its blue spotlights, and with me wearing a white helmet, that it was the safest place on the road to be. Drivers would just see you instantly, from miles away, and just give way, get out of your way. I repainted the bike black before I sold it and within a few days normal everyday drivers couldn't see me anymore and didn't give a fuck if I was dead or alive...and staying alive got really tricky for me...true. same roads, same people...on a motorbike, if you dont look like a cop, people can see you, obviously, but they really dont give a fuck about you. So, on choosing the black BMW K1300S, yes, I'd get a white helmet. Australians, whether in politics or on the road, only see what they fear. Its a national and racial trait.


No comments: